Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cheap therapy

What better way to deal with something you didn't plan, didn't want and didn't expect to ever happen, then to write about it.  I'm not sure if this will make things better, point out more things that I didn't realize or just be a place to vent, but I'm willing to try it for now.

As it currently stands my husband's ex-wife decided to give up alimony (whoo-hoo) a few years early.  This is where I do a little dance and have a big sigh of relief.  However, she also decided to walk away from the condo that she was given the rights to in the divorce agreement.  Being that his name in on the mortgage, guess who will end up with the foreclosure if we don't take responsibility?  This is where I cry.

I completely understand that there could be much worse problems to have,  I am realistic.  Still, the fact that we have already made a home of our own, in a city we love, in an apartment we adore that is close to work and friends, this is not easy.  Our commute gets longer, our living space gets smaller and our free time will now be used to update a home we would have never chosen for ourselves.

I have never been a part of renovating anything in a home and we plan to renovate just about everything.  Needless to say I'm overwhelmed and excited all at the same time.  In the last few weeks I've learned more about counter tops, washers and dryers, flooring, tile, building structure and every other aspect of a full home renovation.  I think it actually makes it more confusing than helpful, but time will tell.

Starting today, I will be documenting the journey of a new home renovator, turning our newly acquired condo from "Sucky to Swanky."

Did I mention the condo has pink counter tops?

Compared to our current kitchen......


No comments:

Post a Comment